Hot pork and bean salad
Tantalise your taste buds with this citrus salad.
- 350g (12oz) pork fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive, rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 oranges, grated rind and juice
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 25g (1oz) walnut pieces
- 225g (8oz) French beans, trimmed
- Trim pork fillet, cut across into very thin slices and place in a shallow dish.
- Mix 1 tablespoon oil with the garlic, vinegar, orange rind and juice and seasoning. Pour mixture over the pork, cover and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Place tomatoes, spring onions and walnuts in a salad bowl.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook pork for 2–3 minutes until each side is golden.
- Cook French beans in boiling salted water for 3 minutes until tender, then drain.
- Transfer pork and beans to salad bowl.
- Add reserve marinade to pan and boil briskly for 1–2 minutes, pour over salad and toss.
Serve with crusty bread.
20 minutes (plus 2 hours marinating time)