A tasty meal, quick and easy to prepare.
- 100g (4oz) pasta, eg penne
- 230g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 185g can tuna in spring water
- ½ small red or yellow pepper
- 1 spring onion (scallion)
- 1 teaspoon unsaturated oil
- chives to garnish (optional)
- Wash and chop the spring onion and the pepper into small pieces. Drain the tuna and flake with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the spring onion and the pepper and fry gently for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the tuna and heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain well and combine with the tomato and tuna mixture. Garnish with chopped chives.
Serve the pasta with salad and crusty bread.